Did you know that your most favorite Facebook app on your iPhone is draining iPhone’s batter unnecessarily? Try disabling Location Services and Background App Refresh for Facebook, and your battery percentage will increase from 12% to 17%.
Want to improve your iPhone’s battery life? For every new iPhone release, there is zillion “How To Save iPhone Battery Life?” out there in the web. Toss all of them and look no further than “The Ultimate Guide to Solving iOS Battery Drain” by Scotty Loveless, an ex Genius bar employee at Overthought.org.
It all started just a couple of weeks ago. Scotty Lovless wrote a blog post The Ultimate Guide to Solving iOS Battery Drain with nice awesome tips. The blog post was picked up by none other than John Gruber on his blog Daring Fireball, and said
Fantastic resource from former Genius Bar staffer Scotty Loveless. Bookmark this and send it to anyone you know complaining of problematic iPhone battery life.
And also he tweeted this
The Ultimate Guide to Solving iOS Battery Drain: http://t.co/qf0C566FEw
— Daring Fireball (@daringfireball) April 9, 2014
That is it. Then hell broke loose and all major tech blogs had a story on the ultimate guide on iOS battery drain. Overthought.org’s traffic jumped from double digits per day to tens of thousands of hits per hour. The guide is that good. Go over to Overhought.org and learn Nine Awesome Tips to Save iPhone Battery in detail. Here is the gist of the iPhone 5s battery tips.
- How to Test Your iOS Battery Drain?
- Disable Location and Background App Refresh for Facebook
- Disable Background App Refresh for Apps You Don’t Care About
- Stop Quitting Your Apps in Multitasking
- Disable Push Email Temporarily
- Disable Push Notifications for Apps That Annoy You
- Turn Off Battery Percentage
- Go to an Apple Retail Store
- Enable Airplane Mode in Areas of Poor Cellular Service