Earlier in September, Samsung announced that the all four major carriers in US, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon will get Samsung Galaxy Tab and the pricing will be decided by the carriers. The World’s first 3G Android tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab, pricing with T-Mobile is available now. No surprise here, it is the same as with Sprint‘s leaked price.
The Unofficial T-Mobile blog (TmoNews) revealed a leaked flyer that says that Samsung Galaxy Tab will cost $399 with two year contract and $649 with no contract. Samsung Galaxy will have Samsung’s HSPA broadband connectivity.
Wanting a share of iPad lovers T-Mobile also has flyer comparing the specs of Samsung Galaxy Tab with that of Apple iPad. Here is a quick comparison of Samsung Galaxy Tab with iPad.
- Display Size: iPad 9 inches compared to Galaxy Tab’s 7 inches
- Camera: No camera in iPad, while Galaxy Tab has 1.3 MP front and 3.2 MP rear facing cameras.
- Weight: iPad weighs 1.6 lbs, while Galaxy Tab weighs just 0.82 lbs
- Storage: iPad comes with fixed memory (16GB, 32GB, and 64 GB), while Galaxy Tab has 16GB + Micro SD card slot
- Flash: does not work in iPad, and it works in Galaxy Tab
- Price: iPad costs $629 with no strings attached, while Galaxy Tab costs $649 with no contract
One interesting piece that is missing in the comparison of T-Mobile flyer is battery life of Galaxy Tab with that of iPad. iPad has a phenomenal 9 hrs battery life. Is the batter life of Galaxy Tab no where near iPad’s?
Anyway, Which one would you likely to buy?